Well that didn’t take long.
Tebow hasn’t started but 5 games in his career, and yes, he’s been absolutely horrid in 3 of them, but to deem him most overrated already? It may be too early…..oh wait, what’s that? All the news outlets want him to succeed? They’re giving him the same excuses they wouldn’t let Vick get away with in his early years? Hmm, well, okay, I could make see it, but it’s still too early.
Tebow’s main problem is his lack of accuracy, his secondary problem is his extended throwing motion. No, not every QB has to have the same throwing motion, but if you’re motion is long enough to where, 1) a defender can close in on his WR from the time you cock-back to the time you release, or 2)a defender can get back to you and smack your arm down, it’s too long. He’s got to work on shortening that, or else he’s just going to be average.
Here is the rest of the list:
1. Denver Broncos QB Tim Tebow
2. Dallas Cowboys QB Tony Romo
3. New York Jets QB Mark Sanchez
4. Detroit Lions DT Ndamukong Suh
5. Tennessee Titans RB Chris Johnson
6. New England Patriots WR Chad Ochocinco
7. New England Patriots QB Tom Brady
8. Arizona Cardinals QB Kevin Kolb
9. San Diego Chargers QB Philip Rivers
10. Arizona Cardinals DL Darnell Dockett
I can definitely see all those guys being ranked “overrated” one way or the other (whether through truth or jealousy), but Darnell Dockett? Who’s feelings did he hurt?